Canadian or American residence is not the same as Canadian or American citizenship.  You don’t have to relinquish your citizenship in order to change your residence. Residency is the term that refers to your tax jurisdiction.  If you want to reduce your worldwide tax obligations, you may want to consider giving up your residency status. This doesn't mean giving up your passport.

Want to know more? Request a consultation.